Communication is essential for effective functioning in every part of an organization. Although marketing, production, finance, personnel, and maintenance departments may receive direction from corporate goals and objectives, communication links them together and facilitates organizational success. When all members of a team, department, or organization are able to communicate effectively with each other and with people outside their group, they are much more likely to perform well.
This two-day course will begin to explore the concept of communication including identifying the two phases of communication, how perception may influence communication, the impact of non-verbal communication and how to select an appropriate channel of communication depending on the message and intent (telephone, email, in-person, etc).
This course is suitable for all levels of professionals.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Describe the communication process
• Examine the impact of non-verbal communication
• Demonstrate active listening skills
• Identify personal and environmental barriers to effective communication
• Select an appropriate channel of communication depending on the message and intent
• Recognize the various types of communication networks